Friday, November 8, 2013

Friday Ramblings and Yuletide Cheer...

Im getting the Christmas itch. I blame pinterest. and Toys R us.  and my childhood. regardless, we have already started making lists for santa.  thanks to the christmas catalog arriving in the mail last week.
she only hyperventilated about 4 times 
I've already blared my christmas pandora station on more than one occasion in the past couple of weeks. with little ones, christmas is just that much more awesome, so Im ok getting in the spirit a little early. makes the season last longer.

I've been getting ideas for advent calendars off pinterest. here is the one i've used in years past...


its ok, but I'm looking for something new...I really like this one.


it looks like a fun easy project...or at least something similar anyway.

I did just order a lot of 20 or so kids christmas books off Ebay for 15 bucks. Im going to wrap them up with some others i already have and have the kiddos open one every day in December.  I think Im more excited about wrapping 24 presents than actually reading the books with my kids. i love wrapping gifts. LA will be annoyed they arent DVDs Im sure.  good times will be had by all.
i was thinking something like this...


or this...


I cant wait!

 Girly really wants a bike for christmas this year...I was thinking something cute like these...


she was thinking more along the lines of this...

why do kids have such bad taste. and why does everything have to have a princess on it.

Im going to put up another tree in the playroom this year that i will let LA decorate herself.  I ordered a ton of toy story, little mermaid, and princess ornaments off Ebay. I also just scooped up a few strands of this ballerina garland off Zulily.
Shes pumped to decorate for christmas. and Im pumped  that shes pumped.

In unrelated Christmas news...This girl slept 12 hours last night...
(plus it was my night to get up with her.  i love her)
my DSLR camera broke a few (5) months ago. I wasnt sure exactly what happened and  i have been googling possible scenarios and almost all of them involve me shelling out a couple hundred dollars.  i finally decided this morning to take it in.  when i turned it on to make sure the battery was still charged, i snapped a pic and everything was fine. maybe it just needed a nap.  for 5 months. Thats good news for my blog so i can start taking and posting pictures of things other than my kids.

Happy Friday!