Thursday, January 31, 2013

awesome thrift store find...(way to go mom)

I finally snapped some pics of the finished hutch/dresser/sideboard thing in the dining room....

Here is the before pic sent to me by my mom via text from the thrift store that read "$30 bucks - you want it?"  which i replied - "heck yeah"  knowing that i had no idea what i was gonna do with it.


I knew the first thing this baby needed was some legs.  Almost all pieces of furniture look better with legs.  But then it sat in the garage for months while i debated what color to paint it.  Mr H came up with idea to paint it black. He has some good ideas every know and again.  i wasnt sold at first, but the finished product looks great.



I think the legs make the biggest difference....


I cant take any credit for any of this makeover.  Mr H sanded and painted and did it all on his own.  I just watched.

Its much better than the shelves that were in there before...


and much much better than the hutch before that...


This room has come a long way since this...

so gross



I still need to get some knobs for the middle drawers.  I bought these off Etsy, but a couple of them broke already and of course they have none left.



i spose thats what i get for  buying wooden knobs.  maybe i can use the rest on something else.

But for now its fine without knobs...