Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I see a red door...part 2

 Its been almost a year since i declared i was going to paint the front door.

at that point i had it narrowed down to 2 colors.

yellow...
source
and turquoise...

source
when i painted the front porch last year, i thought i had finally decided on the yellow.  But now...im more indecisive than ever.  Especially when i see doors like this....

source
that orange is awesome. Did you know that Frank Sinatras favorite color was orange?  he said it was the happiest color.  (a piece of useless Frank Sinatra info my husband told me once)

and this...

source
i love the bright green...


I have noticed that the red door bothers me most from the inside when i have the door open and realize that red matches nothing in my home.  When the door is open, its opens into this room...


back of door in questions painted teal. 

so maybe i should decide on a color that meshes well with indoor and outdoor...



are you thinking yellow?  cause i still kinda am...


oh and while i am on the topic of the outdoors...check out this house...

via here via pinterest
its basically my house with a wraparound porch.  how flippin sweet would a wraparound porch be??
Mr H informed me this is a project beyond his comfort level to tackle.  but a wrap around porch would be sooo great. maybe i can talk him into it...

but anyway - back to the front door....  Im really thinking yellow.  i might start sanding it this weekend just to force my a$$ to make a decision already....how are people supposed to make these kinds of decisions anwyay?!