Monday, November 21, 2011

porch makeover

Im getting closer to getting the front door painted!  its been almost 4 months since i posted about it.  I like to take my time.  I knew before i painted the door though, the porch had to be addressed.


The burnt clay color was killing me.  Plus it was faded in spots. all around ugh.


I originally was going to paint it a greyish/tannish color.  but then i saw that i had a whole gallon of charcoal outdoor paint in the garage leftover from the shutters, so i figured that would work. Cant beat free.

Here is the finished product...



a little side by side before and after.





Oh and BTW, i have decided on pale yellow for the front door.  Im thinking something along the lines of this, maybe a little softer...

link
Ill prolly wait until after the holidays though.  Red is very Christmassy.