Tuesday, August 30, 2011

weekend recap - and Irene BS

Ive been MIA for a bit....Just as Irene was approaching, me and 16 of my girlyfreinds hightailed it to New Orleans for a bachelorette party.  That city is nuts. I drank more in 3 days than I have in the last month (and I drink a lot).
But while we were all drinking hurricaines down in NOLA - Irene was wreaking havoc at home. After some scary flight delays/cancellations, we all made it home safe, sound and hungover to deal with the aftermath.

We are still with-out of power on my street and looking like it might be that way for a while. We are dealing with the massive tree that yanked down 3 power poles and the electricity, cable, and phone from my street.  Not to mention the damage it did to our neighbors car. Between speaking to the power company, the insurance company, the city parks department, the gas company, ms utility, and everyone else, i am ready to go insane...
The picture does not due justice to the destruction, but you see the tree...and this cutie who braved her first hurricane!


Hopefully I will be done dealing with this soon and can get back to blogging. I have a few posts almost ready and waiting as soon as I can upload some pictures.  I have a 19 month photoshoot to upload and a play kitchen makeover to show off as well.
Lets hope I regain power before losing my sanity...