Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Big Bed

It feels like just yesterday that I was getting Ms Things nursery ready, and impatiently waiting her arrival.  Now I am getting ready to move her out of her crib and into her very own bed. sigh.

I love her nursery- LOVE...Its probably my favorite room in the house.





I still have a couple months (I hope) before the transition will take place, but I have already been planning and hunting pieces.  The one thing I knew I wanted was a Jenny Lind style bed- full size preferably.  I have been scouring Craigslist, Ebay, and some local thrift stores for months.

This weekend I found it.


pardon the messy garage
This sucker was $20 dollars at a local thrift store.  20 freaking dollars. I still cant believe it.  I havent been this excited about about a purchase in a long time. (yes, i am lame)

Obviously he needs a little TLC.  But I planned on painting the bed anyway.  Here are some painted spindle beds I have seen online.


source

source

source
pinned here

pinned here
Im really loving the red.

So now comes the fun part of  coming up with a whole new room layout in LAs room...her big girl room.  (tear)