Wednesday, April 27, 2011

living room - sneak peak

We still have some work to do in the living room. At the top of my list is curtains and an area rug.  At the top of Mr H's list is builtins and crown molding.  (actually thats at the top of my list too - Mr H is hoping there is no list)
But here is a sneak peak... I moved the picture wall from the wall by the side porch to the wall under the stairs.  Not gonna lie - this picture wall was a b*tch to put up.  I tried a few different methods- pinning newspaper up, tracing the frames, arranging on the floor and moving to the wall-  in the end I just started hanging pictures and cussing a lot.   (there are about 10 nail holes for each picture)

















A quick side note- I have been eyeing this lamp at Pottery Barn for months.  I love it.  I want it.  However, I cant justify spending $279 on lamp...EVER.


But then I walked into TJ Maxx a couple weeks ago and spotted this guy.  The best part -the $50 price tag. SOLD!


Lastly, I want to give a shout out to Mr H, who can now add moderate HVAC worker to his resume.  He saved us a buttload of cash by fixing whatever was wrong with the left phalange of our AC unit.  (Phoebe Buffay ref)

We went from this...


To this...